Have you been discriminated against?
If you have been a victim of any form of discrimination or hate crime, tell us and let our caseworkers help.
Promoting Equality in Sports
The 2-year BME Sport Cymru Project is funded by Sport Wales and aims to set up sporting
activities for black and ethnic minority (BME) people in Cardiff. This is to increase the
number of BME people taking part in sport and physical activity.
The project also works with sporting bodies and organisations to increase career opportunities for BME people within sport.
Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) is the lead partner and Race Equality First is
the delivery partner in Cardiff.
- To increase the participation in sport and physical activity of BME people in Cardiff assist them to integrate into mainstream sporting activities
- To increase career opportunities for BMEpeople in sport
- To work with National Governing Bodies and sports clubs to increase their ability to engage more BME people in their sports activities and within their organisations
- Deliver and support sport and physical activities for BME people of all ages (young people, adults and families)
- Co-ordinate and host events and training opportunities which will support the delivery of BME sporting opportunities
- Support individuals and organisations applying for funding for sports
- Identify key issues and barriers that prevent BME people accessing sport and physical activities and develop actions to reduce or remove barriers
- Develop links with mainstream clubs and National Governing Bodies to promote sustainable participation in sport and
develop pathways of progression for BME volunteers, coaches and participants