Healthy Minds Project
Funded by the National Lottery Community Fund, the Healthy Minds Project is a mental health support project delivered across South Wales for Black and Ethnic Minority people aged 18 and over. The project allows participants to address issues at the earliest possible stage by providing a single point of contact to counsel, give information and listen to the needs of each individual. Mental and physical wellbeing activities are provided by the project including: one-to-one counselling, physical activities, creative expression sessions and community education along with safe spaces to talk openly with like-minded individuals without judgment or fear of stigmatisation.
Empowering and assisting Black and Ethnic Minority people to cope with mental health, isolation, depression and from disengaging with/withdrawing from family networks and friends.
- One-to-one counselling sessions for Black and Ethnic Minority people aged 18 and over
- Physical exercise / activity sessions across 3 areas in South Wales
- Creative Expression sessions including: creative writing, painting, pottery.
- Monthly Education Sessions / Public Awareness Raising Events to educate and facilitate discussions with communities, (especially those in which there is stigma around mental health), on the impact of mental health / illness, with the aim of reducing the harm of internalised and community stigma associated with mental illness.
- Monthly Healthy Living education sessions: including wellbeing and stress management, confidence building and healthy eating and complimentary therapies.
If you would like any other/further information or would like to join the project please contact:
Tel : 07835 260 666
Tel: 07927 342 936
Tel: 029 2048 6207