Financial and Digital Incusion Project
The Financial and Digital Inclusion project is a 3 year project funded by the Santander Foundation grant. The key aim is to help people from Black and Minority Ethnic backgrounds with both their financial and digital skills and enable them to use these skills in their daily lives. We want to help improve our beneficiaries’ circumstances and prospects, by supporting people to get access to data and devices, helping them get online and give them the confidence to use these resources. We also want to provide support with budgeting, welfare benefits, income maximisation and general finance advice.
Beneficiaries of the project so far have been supported with food bank vouchers, sim cards, iPads, 1-2-1 advice, drop-in sessions, CV workshops and grant applications. We will also soon be able to help with fuel vouchers for those who are on pre-payment meters and cannot afford to top up.
- Making beneficiaries aware of what support and grants are available and help them to complete applications for relevant support schemes.
- Workshops and 1-2-1 sessions on how to create a budget and track spending.
- Providing beneficiaries with access to free sim cards that are pre-loaded with data or a device to access the internet (subject to availability)
- Support with creating a CV and using the internet to search for job vacancies.
- 1-2-1 support with welfare benefits applications and advice on eligibility for benefits such as Universal Credit, PIP, Job Seekers Allowance, Pension Credit etc.
- Drop-in sessions held across Wales for beneficiaries to get further information and advice.
- Access to food bank vouchers for those who are struggling to afford food costs.
For further information please contact Laura Kent
Tel: 029 2048 6207
Click here for the Money management and Digital Skills document (EN/CY)